welcome. please enter.

11.12.05

let it snow baby!



ok. let's get a few things straight. its cold in nyc. its cold in chicago. its cold in iowa. and we know is prolly cold in utah and everywhere else that is cold. this is not a competition. the winter is cold period and so is snow, but it's mornings like these that make the cold bearable. so let it freaking snow. friday morning brought on this anticipated, blessed event. cause if it's gonna be murderously cold, there at least better be some pretty snow to compensate the emotions that swirl in your mind like the whipping of winds through the icy streets. its freezing. its pretty. its the artic death out here. its snowing, that means christmas (and everything else that people celebrate during the holiday season) is around the corner, making my feel cozy inside. so like i said, who knows what i was feeling? emotions being whipped around. bliss. misery. all from the same event. the same conditions. maybe i was being conditioned some how. maybe my conditioning was being conditioned.

friday morning was one of those morning. i woke up around 5:30 to get some last minute cramming in before my dental anatomy final that was going down hours later. and when i pulled open my curtains, the picture above is what i saw. to my complete surprise, it had snowed. plus, it was still early enough that the snow was still white and had not yet turned to that nasty city brown yet. then to top it off, i threw on the new beck album, guero. man, my day started so good. mood-wise, i was drifting like the new fallen christmas (holiday season) snow, that was thick and heavy. good scenes. good music. "my beat is correct" -- beck. and so was the mood. what could be better? such a moment. such a superb moment.

13 Comments:

Blogger lafe said...

Nice is there 300,000,000,
inches in newyork


love

lafe

11/12/05 11:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is writing with the handle of "Lafe"? Tracy? Pat? Paul?

11/12/05 11:53 PM

 
Blogger petey said...

dad-
lafe is doing it all by himself. have you not seen his blog? click on the link on the left called "lafe's take." another proof that the younger you are, the more technologically sound you are.

12/12/05 6:20 AM

 
Blogger petey said...

ok. so my left and right have become obscured since my entry into dental school. paul, tracy, you know what i'm talking about, right is left and left is right. but which is correct?? who knows...

dad, click the link on the right, not the left.

12/12/05 7:09 AM

 
Blogger nikki said...

I admit that I was mildly in love with the falling snow Friday morning, but my first reaction when I woke up at 6 am to go for my morning run and I saw a lot of flaky snow swirling around was anger and annoyance. How the heck was I supposed to do intervals in the snow like that??? After about 5 minutes of bitterness, I resigned to going back to bed so I could have sugar plums dancing in my head for another hour. I didn't enjoy trudging to work in the snow, but it made me want to stay home and play in it or at least stay in my pajamas by my nicely decorated Christmas tree watching National Lampoon's Christmas vacation while drinking hot chocolate. I love winter. I hate winter. I hate being cold, but I can't help but love the beauty of the season.

Hope the snow and beck combination helped with information retention for the exam...

12/12/05 9:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds nice, peter. you are living the new york dream. i am jealous. good luck on all your finals.

12/12/05 2:55 PM

 
Blogger lafe said...

its me im writing all of it

12/12/05 8:33 PM

 
Blogger nikki said...

petey: Are you still alive? I realize that I saw you like 3 days ago, but it seems like weeks. How are finals? I know you are probably holed up in the library somewhere, so good luck!

13/12/05 2:41 PM

 
Blogger Stephen said...

its you lafe, you're writing all of it. keep it going, lafedog.

13/12/05 4:17 PM

 
Blogger lafe said...

o got you abaot that stuff
w wat
o ow
w wast
c cool
o ow
o ow
l lafe
s
t
u
f
f

13/12/05 11:59 PM

 
Blogger Wenniezoo said...

You think it's all nice and fun and pretty...wait until it's the umpteeth snow of the winter...and then you step off the curb into what looks like soild ground but ends up being a puddle. Wet shoes/socks is NOT cool.

14/12/05 1:56 PM

 
Blogger nikki said...

My hill repeats today in sub 20 degree weather... not fun. I thought my iPod was going to freeze.

14/12/05 4:11 PM

 
Blogger Stephen said...

lafe: your poetry is beautiful and inspiring. thankyou for allowing us to see goes on in your head.

wen: i like the word 'umpteeth.' is that a specialized dental word that has to do with a type of teeth made out of ump? either way it's a cool word.

nikki: don't pretend like you have an ipod.

14/12/05 5:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home